Thai Lamb Salad
This salad was so quick and easy to whip up on a hot Summer's evening. We used the Mini Roast/ Topside but you could use any of the quick cooking cuts suuuuper versatile which we love!
Emma Parker - Born and Bread
- Mini Roast
- Vermicelli Rice Noodles
- Salad Ingredients (I just used what we had in the fridge, so could change to suit you)
- Red Onion
- Mesclun Salad Leaves
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Fish Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Lime Juice
- Fresh Mint
- Coriander to garnish
- Salt and Pepper
- Take the Mini roast out of the fridge and packet and let it come up to room temp. Cut into steaks lengthways and about 2 cm thickness rub olive oil and salt over both sides. Sear on a hot pan or BBQ until medium rare. Once done set aside.
- Cook Vermicelli per packet instructions drain and set aside.
- Slice up the cucumber, carrot and capsicum finley lengthways and put into a big salad bowl. Slice red onion finley and add. Mix in some mesclun salad leaves and gently combine everything.
- Chop a good handful of mint finely and add to a small bowl for the dressing, add 1/2 of a cup of sweet chilli sauce or jam. A few drops of fish sauce and sesame oil. The juice of a lime you could also add a bit of the zest for an extra zingy flavour. Mix all together and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the Vermicelli to the salad bowl and toss to combine with half of the dressing. Slice the Lamb Steaks across the grain into nice fine strips and add to the salad. Add some of the cooking juices from the meat into the dressing and stir. Pour this remaining dressing over the salad and toss to combine everything.
- Coriander to garnish.