hero_about_middlehurst

HISTORY

The stone fences are all that remain of the first homestead at Old Middlehurst – built in 1850 by the original runholder Sir Fred Weld at the remote Winterton River end of the property.

The cob cottage was built in 1894 for Annie, daughter of then manager Dugald Livingston, and her new husband WB Stevenson of neighbouring run Upcot.

Middlehurst was later sold to the Stevenson family who farmed here until 1998.